Clinical manifestations of Covid-19:
* Temperature (usually slightly higher than subfebrile — 37.5-38.5 ° C) in 90%;
* Dry cough (less often with sputum) in 80% of patients;
* Shortness of breath occurs in 55% of those infected. On days 6-8, it becomes severe, the patient has difficulty breathing;
* Diarrhea — about 30%;
* Constriction in the chest — about 20%.
* Runny nose;
* Vomiting; Dizziness;
* Tachycardia (heart palpitations);
* Deterioration of smell.
The appearance of new atypical symptoms is due to a mutation of the virus, and also depends on the activity of the immune system and the presence of other diseases.
How many days is the incubation period for coronavirus?
From the moment of infection until the onset of symptoms, it takes 1 to 14 days.
In children, the incubation period lasts 2-10 days, more often the first signs of the disease appear on 2-3 days. The symptoms of Covid-19 in children are very similar to SARS: fever, sore throat, cough, sneezing, weakness.
In 97.5% of those infected with the pathogen Sars-CoV-2, the incubation period lasts 11.5 days. Therefore, the WHO has established a quarantine period of 14 days.
According to statistics, for every 10 thousand people who are on two-week isolation, the disease is found in only a hundred.
- Maximum. Cases have been reported in China, which speak of 19, 27 and even 42 days. Such isolated cases can be a manifestation of reinfection, says the World Health Organization.
- Minimum. In rare cases, symptoms appear as early as the first or second day after infection.
- Middle. According to Rospotrebnadzor, the average incubation period is 5.1 days.
Self-medication is prohibited during this period. There are no drugs that can destroy the coronavirus before the disease develops. To fight the infection starts at the onset of symptoms, to treat them.
What does the latent period of the coronavirus depend on?
The time elapsed from the moment of infection to the occurrence of a response to the stimulus (often coincides with the time when the patient becomes infected) is called the latency period.It may be shorter than the incubation period. Its duration depends on the number of virus particles that have entered the body. If there are a lot of them, the symptoms appear after 1-2 days.
In people with weakened immune systems, the disease manifests itself faster and is often severe. The weaker the body, the less its ability to resist the virus. Therefore, elderly people with chronic and concomitant diseases, pregnant women and children are at risk.
Does the covid-19 latent period differ in children, adults, and pregnant women?
The incubation period in children is usually shorter, the first symptoms appear faster, as early as 2-3 days. During pregnancy, COVID-19 often has a mild course or is detected upon admission to the hospital, that is, the disease is asymptomatic.
Is a person infected during the incubation period of the coronavirus?
At the initial stage, a small number of viral particles appear in the body, and the patient is not yet dangerous to others. However, Sars-CoV-2 multiplies very quickly and increases the risk of infecting others.
- Chinese doctors have shown that 25% of all cases contracted the virus from people without symptoms. The coronavirus may not manifest itself in any way, but the person becomes a carrier of infection.
At the symptomatic stage, the probability of infection is maximum. The patient coughs or sneezes and the virus with the smallest drops of saliva gets on the mucous membranes of the nose or mouth of another person. From one infected person, the coronavirus is transmitted to an average of two people.